Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year!



Isn't it amazing how much life can change in one year?
We don't have life changed by babies anymore at my house, but we did ... 4 times!! And it was wonderful, just like the little one in this picture. (I believe that this is Noah Sash, with his mom Sarah--aren't they cute?) This New Year, our life is changed by a puppy making a mess, teenage boys with endless appetites, a little girl not feeling well, and a 12 year old who just wants a ride to Target, please.
So, in light of all this, it is time to make some resolutions for 2007. NONE involving food or calorie counting...only resolutions that can be kept. As an example....I resolve to take the puppy for a walk and not think about how I should be cleaning my house. I also resolve to SING in the car with my children---even if it means listening to THEIR music on occasion.
Today I may be more sentimental in saying all this, but after attending Rachel Aase's wedding, I saw again how quickly time flies as we are parenting. A few days ago she was a little girl in my musicals, and today she was a beautiful bride walking down the aisle.
Maybe that is another reason I love KINDERMUSIK! It gives you time with your child, it builds up the family, and it creates a bond that lasts for a whole lifetime.
As always, feel free to post your resolution. And remember---no resolutions about food or calories!

No comments: